Saturday 30 December 2006

Bye Bye 2006

It's at this time of year that I usually sit and think about what I did or didnt like about the past year, and what I want from the year ahead. It's funny, there's not a hell of alot to say about 2006. It opened with us thinking about putting the house on the market and moving, and it closes with me sitting in this gorgeous lounge, wearing only a long sleeve tshirt and jeans thanks to the wonders of central heating. What more can I say? The year we left 6JP and the filth and cold and constant worry about it falling to the ground and moved to this comparative palace. I can't think of anything else that happened this year, other than this, and while it was a horrible process, I wouldn't take a second of it back.
So my list

Good things
  • Moving house

Bad things

  • Leaving home, while I don't miss the village anywhere near as much as I thought i would, it is very, very wierd and getting back for whatever reason, is a kerfuffle as we say in Hbz (allegedly)
  • Mum and Dad leaving. Big up to them for doing what they've wanted to do for a long time, and it's great to see them so happy. It's just again, very odd not having them down the road, and thinking that we may end up only seeing them once a year or some years.. maybe not even that.

Work for both Chef and I fits into neither category. While we are lucky to have jobs, and mine is going pretty well, I'd rather not work and I'd rather Chef had his own restaurant! Who knows what the new year brings for him. For me, it's more of the same, but hopefully getting easier as time goes on. My New Years wish, as it's always been is a lottery win! Now that, would be quite splendid!

No comments: